Accelerate Your Ministry with a Certificate in Old Testament
Experience Bible Journey in a Guided Learning Context
12-Week Online Study of the History & Poetry Books Begins January 4, 2021
Live Zoom Discussions with Dr. Laniak
Group-based Learning Guided by a Coach (TA)
Earn credit towards OT Certificate from Gordon-Conwell Institute
Build a deep knowledge of scripture and join the global movement addressing biblical literacy around the world! In this accelerated study, you will:
Get a comprehensive understanding of the key figures, events, and themes in the Old Testament, their relationship to the New Testament, and their ongoing significance for our lives.
Firmly grasp background information and resources that clarify God’s revelation in its original setting.
Learn how to interpret the Bible correctly by introducing appropriate tools and methods, and by listening to the Historic and Global Church.
Get encouragement and feedback from your Coach and learning cohort.
Do all this from the comfort of your own home!
Expected time commitment is 5-10 hours per week. The pace is designed to be slower at first so students can develop a weekly rhythm for reading, content engagement, and participation.
Mandatory live Zoom discussions are tentatively scheduled for Thursday evenings from 8-9:00 pm ET. Additional OT & NT Studies will be held in Spring and Fall Terms.
CHOOSE YOUR REGISTRATION TYPE:
12-WEEK ONLINE STUDY
HISTORY AND POETRY
January 4 – March 29, 2022
3-STUDY CERTIFICATE BUNDLE
HISTORY AND POETRY (Jan. – Mar. 2022)
PROPHECY & RESTORATION (Apr. – Jun. 2022)
THE PENTATEUCH (Sept. – Dec. 2022)
$399.99 (SAVE $50)
- Registration closes at Midnight ET on January 10
- Upon successful completion of all requirements, as determined by your Coach, Gordon Conwell Institute will award credit for one (1) Continuing Education Unit (CEU), that may be used towards a Certificate in Old Testament.
- A separate, active monthly or annual Bible Journey subscription is required for this Study.
- For organizations and churches looking to enroll a group, get in touch with our sales team.
Who is this Study designed for?
The Bible Journey content is designed for anyone with a high-school education or greater. This Study is designed to be an accelerated immersion into this content and to provide additional support, which is ideal for anyone who wants to teach and interpret scripture, such as pastors, those in professional ministry, and church lay-leaders. That said, this Study is perfect for ANYONE seeking accountability, encouragement, and further guidance from Dr. Laniak in completing Bible Journey.
How is this Study graded?
Students will be given a pass or fail grade. Satisfactory engagement must be demonstrated in each type of assignment (reading, forums, prompts, quizzes). Coaches will give feedback to students to ensure that they are on track to pass.
What technology is required?
- Fast, reliable internet connection for streaming video and Zoom calls
- A computer or device capable of writing and saving forms in workbook PDFs
- Active monthly or annual Bible Journey subscription. If you do not have an account, sign-up here.
Can I apply for a scholarship or ask for a discount?
Gordon Conwell has significantly reduced the tuition for these courses to make them affordable to our community. If you are experiencing financial hardship, we encourage you to apply for a scholarship from Bible Coalition to cover your subscription fees, and suggest asking for further support from your local church to cover the Study fees.
Can I get a refund if I need to withdraw from the Study?
A refund (minus a 10% processing fee) for the Study registration will be granted for any reason, if requested before the end of the second week (14 days after September 14, 2021). Upon granting the refund, the student will automatically be removed from the Study. Students will still be responsible for the separate Bible Journey subscription fees, per these terms and conditions.
How do I get a Certificate for Bible Journey?
Upon successful completion of all class requirements, as determined by a Coach, Gordon Conwell Institute (GCI) will award credit for one (1) Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Once all 3 Bible Journey classes for a Testament have been successfully completed, GCI will award a Certificate in that Testament (3 CEUs). A student may only earn one Certificate in Old Testament and one Certificate in New Testament. This is, essentially, a continuing education level of recognition.
What is a Continuing Education Credit (CEC) or Continuing Education Unit (CEU)?
These similar terms mean exactly the same thing.
What is Gordon Conwell Institute (GCI)? How is it different than Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary (GCTS)?
GCI is GCTS’ non-accredited division for professional and lay-person training. Only GCTS offers advanced degrees and graduate certificates.
What can a Bible Journey Certificate from Gordon Conwell Institute be used for?
- Verification of continuing education, other forms of professional development, and personal enrichment.
- Proof of standing for those desiring to become facilitators of Bible Journey who serve either in their own ministry settings or as designated Coaches for Bible Journey classes.
- If enrolled in a degree program at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, Bible Journey certificate-holders are encouraged to take the Bible competency exams. Incoming students who pass the competency exams are able to receive advanced standing, allowing them to waive our two required Bible survey courses:
- Exploring the Old Testament (OT500)
- Exploring the New Testament (NT501)
Note: The cost of all 6 Bible Journey classes is about half of just one graduate level course.