Explore the major and minor prophets of the Old Testament and uncover what we can learn today from their messages of mercy and justice.
If you’ve ever tried to read through the Prophets before, you’ve likely encountered some rough patches. Dive into the Prophets with Bible study courses the role of a prophet, types of prophecy in the Bible and the lessons we can learn from the prophets—as well as some of the great promises and hope in these books which are not just for the Jews.
Course 1: Minor Prophets, part 1
Orient yourself to who the prophets where and what their role was with a return to the Assyrian Crisis (the fall of the Northern Kingdom) by way of the prophets Amos, Hosea and Jonah.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the Prophets
- Lesson 2: Prophets & Prophecy
- Lesson 3: Amos
- Lesson 4: Hosea
- Lesson 5: Jonah
Course 2: Isaiah & Micah
Take a deep dive into the book of Isaiah and examine how Isaiah’s message of judgement and hope provides a glimpse at God’s bigger plan.
- Lesson 1: Isaiah: YHWH & the Nations
- Lesson 2: Isaiah: YHWH & His People
- Lesson 3: Isaiah’s Anticipated Messiah
- Lesson 4: The Authorship & Unity of Isaiah
- Lesson 5: Micah
Course 3: Minor Prophets, part 2
Explore how God’s people learn to trust him through the themes of suffering and comfort found across the prophets Nahum, Zephaniah, Habakkuk and Joel.
- Lesson 1: Nahum
- Lesson 2: Zephaniah
- Lesson 3: Habbakkuk
- Lesson 4: Joel & Josiah
- Lesson 5: Interpreting Prophecy
Course 4: Jeremiah and Lamentations
Jeremiah has a lot to teach us about grief and restoration: discover what the “weeping prophet” had to offer to the Israelites—and to us today.
- Lesson 1: The Prophet Jeremiah
- Lesson 2: Jeremiah: Idolatry and Anguish
- Lesson 3: Jeremiah: Shame and Dignity
- Lesson 4: Jeremiah: A Future Hope
- Lesson 5: Lamentations
Course 5: Ezekiel & Daniel
Study Ezekiel and Daniel and uncover how the Israelites’ life in exile prepared God’s people for their eventual restoration.
- Lesson 1: Ezekiel’s Prophetic Word
- Lesson 2: Ezekiel: Israel’s Shame & Redemption
- Lesson 3: Ezekiel’s Distinctive Message
- Lesson 4: Daniel: Dreams & Prophecies
- Lesson 5: Daniel: Kings & Kingdoms
Course 6: Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah
Step into the stories of Esther, Ezra and Nehemiah and get ready to learn from these remarkable servants who were faithful even during times of exile.
- Lesson 1: Diaspora Stories
- Lesson 2: Overview of Esther
- Lesson 3: The Character of Esther
- Lesson 4: Ezra
- Lesson 5: Nehemiah
Course 7: Minor Prophets, part 3
In the final prophets of the Old Testament, see how these prophets preached a need to reform while enriching the biblical vision of a new covenant yet to come.
- Lesson 1: Obadiah
- Lesson 2: Haggai
- Lesson 3: Zechariah
- Lesson 4: Malachi
- Lesson 5: Old Testament Wrap-Up
Lecture & onsite videos
360° Holy Land Immersion
Engaging exercises & quizzes
Come Study With Us
Our rigorous Prophecy and Restoration Study series includes seven Bible study courses covering the major and minor prophets of the Old Testament. Each of our online Bible courses is full of rich biblical training that will help you immerse yourself in Scripture and discover the relevance and impact on Christians around the world.
Start studying the Prophets now
Get complete access to our Prophecy and Restoration study and all of our immersive and transformative online Bible courses!